Berg/Seeger Classic – Information
The 7th Berg/Seeger Track & Field Classic will be hosted by Kentucky School for the Deaf in Danville on Saturday, 12 April 2014. The track & field competition will take place at Danville High School and the stadium is by the host campus, within walking distance. It has 6 lanes, black rubber synthetic surface, two jumping sand pits on opposite ends, one each of shot put and discus area, and locker rooms.
This classic is open to all Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing HS athletes, including schools for the Deaf and mainstream schools in the United States. HS athletes mean 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades. Participation is not allowed for 6th, 7th, 8th graders, and fifth year senior.
The purpose for this classic is to promote interest in track and field among Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing high school athletes.
This 7th Berg/Seeger Classic event is sanctioned by the NFHS.
Bird eye view of Danville HS track & field:
Spikes – The track surface is black rubber synthetic and up to 3/16 spike size is allowed.
• Instructions – Please read this first before filling out forms.
• Form – Participation Information.
• Form – Roster & Entries.
• Participation Information form is due on Thursday, 20 March 2014.
• Roster & Entries form is due on Wednesday, 09 April at 6:00pm EST.
If you have questions in regard to the 7th Berg/Seeger Classic, please contact Billy Lange at Billy.Lange@ksd.kyschools.us
Below is the list of schools that has confirmed to participate the 7th Berg/Seeger Track & Field Classic.
1. Alabama School for the Deaf
2. American School for the Deaf
3. Boyle County HS (KY)
4. Indiana School for the Deaf
5. Iowa School for the Deaf
6. Kansas School for the Deaf
7. Kentucky School for the Deaf (HOST)
8. Maryland School for the Deaf
9. Michigan School for the Deaf
10. Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf
11. Mississippi School for the Deaf
12. Missouri School for the Deaf
13. New York School for the Deaf – Fanwood
14. Ohio School for the Deaf
15. Tennessee School for the Deaf
16. Wisconsin School for the Deaf
-as of 07 April 2014